The Intelligence System for the Security of the Republic comprises the authorities and organizations responsible for ensuring security intelligence activities in order to protect the Italian Republic against every type of threat originating both in Italy and abroad.
The Security Intelligence System comprises:
- the President of the Council of Ministers
- the Delegated Authority
- the CISR - Comitato Interministeriale per la Sicurezza della Repubblica [Interministerial Committee for the Security of the Republic]
- the DIS - Dipartimento Informazioni per la Sicurezza [Security Intelligence Department]
- the AISE - Agenzia informazioni e sicurezza esterna [External Intelligence and Security Agency]
- the AISI - Agenzia informazioni e sicurezza interna [Internal Intelligence and Security Agency]